Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Greetings

I am a junior high math teacher in SouthWest MN.  I teach in a small school and have all the 7th and 8th graders at our school.  I am hoping to use this blog to bounce ideas around and hopefully get some feedback.

I currently am using ideas from standards-based grading, flipped learning, teach like a pirate, differentiation, love and logic, genius hour and many other ideas I have run across from the past 13 years.  I love technology and student choice.

I do have a twitter account (@CjSieling34) and have used that to get many great ideas over the past year or so.

I love teaching junior high because it fits my personality well.  I will end this short intro post with a quote from Alice in Wonderland that sums up teaching junior high very well...

The Mad Hatter:  "There is a place.  Like no place on Earth."  A land full of wonder, mystery and danger!  Some say to survive it:  You need to be as mad as a hatter...which luckily I am."


Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment